2 February 2015

Walking in Awareness of Breast Cancer

In August last year, I had the joy of attending the Pick 'n Pay Women's Walk. This walk was in partnership with the Pink Drive, in aid of Breast Cancer Awareness.


I attended the walk with my husband Ashley our daughter Danielle, my mother in law Sunitha and one of my ex-colleagues and good friends Tasha.

This was a last minute arrangement as we'd managed to rush off and buy tickets 2 days before the walk.

Since it was a Women's Walk and the theme was Breast Cancer Awareness, the colour of the day was indeed Pink.


My husband was a bit weary of being seen in a shocking pink shirt, but he eventually got over it and decided to participate.

The walk which was held at Sunkist Beach in Durban received a tremendously turnout and was definitely a success. We enjoyed it thoroughly and it was a much needed work out.

Image Credit: Pick 'n Pay Facebook Page
Let's not forget the great pink goodie bags we received as well!

All in all a great experience to give back and spend a day out with family and friends :)

Image Credit: Pick 'n Pay Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment