1 June 2015

Pitch Perfect 2: The Perfect Sequel

Before I continue, I'd like to apologise for the cheesy title.

It just popped into my head and I couldn't resist.lol.

So, back to Pitch Perfect 2.

Gosh, this was one of the movies I was extremely anxious to watch.

To be honest, I've been waiting for the sequel since the first movie débuted.


Some may think that the Pitch Perfect movies are just like the High School Musical movies, just grown up, but they're not.

Pitch Perfect pays attention to A Cappella music, a style that's not easy to perform.

One would think that with this 'old style' of singing, the song list would be dated as well. But Pitch Perfect has been able to take the most recent and popular hits as well as some oldies, and turn them into aca-awesome A Cappella tracks.


The outcome is simply amazing, and there's also a cool storyline to accompany the great music.

If you haven't watched the movie, don't worry, I won't give too much away.

I will say that the story continues perfectly from the first movie. There's a great flow, but even if you haven't watched the first one, you won't feel like you're in the dark.

My favourite characters are definitely Beca, played by Anna Kendrick as well as Fat Amy played by Rebel Wilson.


A cool fact is that these two talented ladies also starred together in one of my other favourite movies, 'What To Expect When You're Expecting.'

Their characters are just as cool and funny as they were in the first Pitch Perfect.

As with all sequels, the movie introduced a new character in the form of Emily played by Hailee Steinfeld.

I personally did not like this character. I felt like it was extremely weak. The idea behind her role was great, but could have been executed better, maybe by a different actress.


Besides this, all the characters from the first Pitch Perfect were on point in Pitch Perfect 2.

You'll be sure to enjoy a big dose of comedy, as well as some drama and fun.

An added bonus is that the Pitch Perfect 2 soundtrack is just as awesome as the soundtrack from the first movie.


You can enjoy mash up's with favourites such as Timber by Ke$ha, Run The World (Girls) by Beyonce', Poison from the year 1990 by Bell Biv Devoe and even a cameo by Snoop Dogg on a Christmas track. You gotta see it to appreciate it.lol. 

One track I didn't not enjoy was the song Flashlight which is performed by Jessie J. I sort of feel like Anna Kendrick would have performed that way better, with way more emotion.


All in all I'd give Pitch Perfect 2 an 8/10 for storyline.

I would have given it a 10 if the Emily character was a bit more bearable, and definitely a 10/10 for the music.

In fact, I currently have the movie soundtrack on repeat.

It's quite addictive. 

Why not have a listen? ;) 

*All image credits to Google Images.*

No comments:

Post a Comment